Practical Ways to Live a Frugal Life -Tips On Living Frugal
What is frugal living? Frugal living means learning how to get the most out of everything we have and spending less on the things we don’t need.
Being frugal means one is less wasteful and more resourceful and people who live a frugal lifestyle are simply happily living with less.
Frugal Living Tips to Help You Save on Food
- Set a food budget.
- Create a meal plan.
- Always make a grocery list based on your meal plan.
- Check unit prices in stores.
- Eat at home.
- Take your lunch and snacks to work.
Frugal Living Tips to Help You Save on Transportation
- Do all your errands in one day.
- Wash your own car.
- Check your area for local transportation incentives for carpooling.
- Use Ebates when booking car rentals.
- Ask your employer if you can telecommute.
Frugal Living Tips to Help You Save in Your Household
- Make your own laundry detergent using the recipe in this article about saving money on laundry.
- Buy ink cartridges online and use Ebates
- Use a clothesline or drying rack.
- Reuse jelly and mayo jars to can
- Unplug small appliances and other items not in use.
- Wash your clothes in cold water.
Frugal Living Tips to Help You Save on Shopping
- Wait 21 days before making a decision on a big purchase like televisions, etc.
- Purchase Christmas and birthday gifts at clearance or discounts throughout the year
- Make homemade DIY gifts.
- Shop on Craigslist or FB Marketplace for cheaper gifts
- Have a no-spend month.
- Purchase discounted gift cards
Frugal Living Tips to Help You Save on Entertainment
- Do free family activities like riding bikes, parks, free museums.
- Volunteer at local shelters, or a nursing home
- Go to theatres, museums, on off-peak nights
- Go see a high school football game.
- Have a potluck party with friends.
Frugal Living Tips to Help You Save on Clothing
- Buy clothes at the end of the season.
- Use less detergent to make your clothes last longer.
- Repurpose clothing
- Buy your basic items from cheap stores like Target, Old Navy
- Exchange clothing with friends.
- Keep a clothing list to help you stay within budget.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Please follow and like us: