Want some interesting, fun, odd and unique facts. Look at the list below and amuse yourself. You’ll be intrigued, amazed, and fascinated with this twenty-five Did You Know Facts list.
- In Calama, a town in the Atacama Desert of Chile, it has never rained.
- Every year 16 million gallons of oil run off the pavement into streams, rivers, and eventually, oceans in the United States. This is more oil than was spilled by the Exxon Valdez
- A “jiffy” is an actual unit of time: 1/100th of a second.
- If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies you have $1.19. you also have the largest possible amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.
- Crocodiles and alligators are surprisingly fast on land. Although they are rapid, they are not agile, so if you ever find yourself chased by one, run in a zigzag line.
- It was discovered on a space mission that a frog can throw up. The frog vomits its entire stomach out so the organ is dangling out of its mouth. Then the frog uses its forearms to dig out all of the stomach’s contents and swallows the stomach back down again.
- The cruiser Queen Elizabeth 2 moves only six inches for each gallon of fuel it burns.
- San Francisco cable cars are the only National Monuments that can move.
- It takes approximately 12 hours for food to entirely digest.
- There is a company that will take your ashes and compress them into a synthetic diamond to be set in jewelry for a loved one.
- Some dogs can predict when a child will have an epileptic seizure and even protect the child from injury. They’re not trained to do this, they simply learn to respond after observing at least one attack.
- Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
- In a recent survey, Americans revealed that banana was their favorite smell.
- The two-foot long bird called a Kea that lives in New Zealand likes to eat the strips of rubber around car windows.
- There are more possible iterations of a game of chess than there are atoms in the known universe.
- New York drifts about one inch farther away from London each year.
- A U.S. dollar bill can be folded approximately 4,000 times in the same place before it will tear.
- 95% of people text things they could never say in person.
- The world’s youngest parents were age 8 and 9. They lived in China and had their child in 1910.
- Richard Versalle, a tenor performing at New York’s Metropolitan Opera House, suffered a heart attack and fell 10 feet from a ladder to the stage just after singing the line, “You can only live so long.”
- Dr. Samuel A. Mudd was the physician who set the leg of Lincoln’s assassin, John Wilkes Booth, and whose shame created the expression for ignominy: “His name is Mudd.”
- Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it, to begin with. It’s the same with apples
- Reed Hastings was inspired to start Netflix after racking up a $40 late fee on a VHS copy of Apollo
- Bananas are curved because they grow towards the sun
- Billy goats urinate on their own heads to smell more attractive to females
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Please follow and like us: