Did You Know? Facts that are fun, interesting, educational and just plain strange. We hope you enjoy these 25 facts in our Did You Know Series. The weird, and the strange. The world is a pretty strange place. Read the list to be educated and amused.
- They say that Beetles taste like apples, wasps like pine nuts, and worms like fried bacon.
- Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a “Friday the 13th.
- Your nose can remember 50,000 different scents.
- The placement of a donkey’s eyes in its’ heads enables it to see all four feet at all times!
- The harder you concentrate on falling asleep, the less likely to fall asleep.
- There is a snake, called the boomslang, whose venom causes you to bleed out from every orifice on your body. And it can take up to 5 days to die.
- Only 2% of the Earth population naturally has green eyes. (both my mother and my eyes are green)
- In the past 20 years, scientists have found over 1,000 planets outside of our solar system.
- Women have twice as many pain receptors on their body than men. But a much higher pain tolerance.
- A day on Venus lasts longer than a year, it is 243 Earth days.
- A snail breathes through its foot.
- When you blush, the lining of your stomach also turns red
- Some worms will eat themselves if they can’t find any food
- There are more stars in space than there are grains of sand on every beach in the world.
- Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
- On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.
- Earth is the only planet that is not named after a god.
- Of all the words in the English language, the word “set” has the most definitions. The word “run” comes in second
- A traffic jam lasted for more than 10 days, with cars only moving 0.6 miles a day.
- Every year more than 2500 left-handed people are killed from using right-handed products.
- During a car crash, 40 % of drivers never even hit the brakes.
- When the moon is directly overhead, you weigh slightly less.
- Taking a quick nap after learning can help strengthen your memory.
- Scientists have tracked butterflies that travel over 3,000 miles.
- To produce a single pound of honey, a single bee would have to visit 2 million flowers.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter