Did You Know- Surprising Facts About Water – 20 eye-openers about water.
Water is the most important resource in the world. Here are 20 of the most amazing facts about water that you may not know.
- 30% of fresh water is in the ground.
- About 400 billion gallons of water are used in the United States per day.
- Water can dissolve more substances than any other liquid including acid
- 70% of the human brain is water.
- 80% of all illness in the developing world is water related.
- A person can only with about one week without water
- Agriculture accounts for 70% of global freshwater withdrawals
- 300 tons of water is required to manufacture 1 ton of steel
- By 2025 half the world’s people will live in countries with water stress
- 1 pound of beef requires 1,799 gallons of water.
- It takes more than twice the amount of water to produce coffee than it does tea.
- Hot water can freeze faster than cold water
- Over 90% of the world’s supply of fresh water is located in Antarctica.
- NASA has discovered water in the form of ice on the moon
- Water regulates the Earth’s temperature
- One apple requires 18 gallons of water.
- It takes approximately 70 gallons of water to fill a tub
- Water makes up about 66 percent of the human body
- Water intoxication is real- Drinking too much water can be fatal
- Ten percent of homes have leaks that waste 90 gallons of water per day.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Please follow and like us: