Health Tips For Your Heart- 10 Tips For A Healthy Heart
Here are 10 small steps to get you on the road to better health
1. Take a 10-minute walk. If you don’t exercise, a brief walk is a way to start. Maybe a small bike ride. If you do, it’ll add more exercise to your day.
2. Give your arms a little workout. Lift a two-pound weight a few times a day. This can help tone your arms. When that becomes easy, move on to heavier weights.
3. Eat one extra fruit or vegetable a day. Fruits and vegetables are good for everything. Good for everything from the brain to the bowels.
4. Start the day with some fruit and a serving of whole grains, eat some oatmeal or some bran flakes.
5. Cutting out just one soda or latte can save you 100 or more calories a day. Over a years time, that can mean a 10-pound weight loss.
6. Get nutty. Eat some walnuts, almonds, peanuts, and other nuts which are really good for your heart. Try adding some to salads for a nice crunch. Try using them in place of meat in things like your pasta.
7. Eat fish or other seafood instead of red meat. At least twice a week. It’s good for not only your heart, but also the brain, and the waistline.
8. Breathe. Breath slowly and deeply for a few minutes a day. It can help you relax. Taking slow, deep breaths may help lower blood pressure.
9. I can’t say it enough. Wash your hands. Often. Washing with soap and water often during the day is a great way to protect your heart and health. Protecting yourself from things like the flu, pneumonia, and other infections. Which can all take a toll on your heart.
10. Take a moment each day to count the blessings in your life. Tap into positive emotions. This has been linked to better health, a longer life, and greater well-being. These things, anger, worry, and hostility can contribute to high blood pressure and heart disease.