Health Bits- Foods That Help You Stay Hydrated
Today I thought I would share foods that help keep you hydrated, due to the fact that not only is it summer and we need all the help we can get, but also because most of us do not get enough water throughout the day. So I have a list of 20 foods that you can enjoy, as well as , keep you a little healthier.
You might also read Health & Nutrition Tips-Eat What?
1. Unsweetened, natural applesauce. Apples have lots of water content. This juicy superfood has also been linked to lower cholesterol levels and weight loss.
2. Watermelon 92 percent water content and essential rehydration salts calcium, magnesium, potassium and sodium.
3. Cantaloupe 90 percent water – One cup of cantaloupe also provides 103.2 percent of the daily value for vitamin A.
4. Raspberries deliver a powerful antioxidant thought to help prevent and fight some cancers.
5. Strawberries, know as the hydrating berries are 92 percent water. Also studies show that people eating just one serving of strawberries a day tend to have higher blood levels of the B vitamin folate, which helps keep your arteries clear.
6. Pears , a very hydrating piece of fruit. One medium pear contains 6 grams of dietary fiber.
7. At 95 % water by weight, Zucchini is one of the most hydrating vegetables you can eat. An excellent source of folate, potassium, and Vitamins A & C.
8. Spinach- One cup provides more then 50 percent of your daily vitamin A needs, as well as being high in protein.
9. Kiwi, has only 56 calories and 20 percent more vitamin C than an orange.
10. Mangoes – This hydrating piece of fruit, is a good source of vitamins A, B6, and C, plus fiber.
11. With 96.7% water content – Cucumber has the highest water content of any solid food.
12. celery is 96 percent water, and also provides a combination of mineral salts, amino acids and vitamins.
13. Tomatoes are 95% water and also when eaten are said to be a cancer prevention food.
14. Blueberries- This superfruit has been linked to cancer prevention, better heart health, to anti-aging and improved eyesight.
15. Oranges are juicy with 87 percent water and have 100 percent of the daily recommended Vitamin C.
16. Carrots – 87 percent water and more of the powerful antioxidant beta-carotene than any other vegetable or fruit.
17. Iceberg lettuce has 95.6% water. So even though it is not a very nutritional food, it can’t be beat for water content.
18. Grapes- the skins of red grapes contain resveratrol, an antioxidant that has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease.
19. Pineapple, potent anti-inflammatory powers and a great fruit for hydration.
20. Radishes filled with antioxidants such as catechin which is also found in green tea, give you 95.3% of water content.