Health Bits – Tips For Being A Healthier You
Check out the list below to find out how you can be healthier. Physically and Mentally. Healthier body and mind, for a healthier you! Make sure to always find time to relax. Whether it’s doing yoga, meditation, or a walk through your woods. Staying relaxed can help with your blood pressure readings.
Be sure to also read Health & Nutrition Tips-Eat What?
- Learn to do stretching exercises when you wake up. It boosts circulation and digestion
- Eat Your Blueberries, strawberries and raspberries. They contain plant nutrients known as anthocyanidins, which are powerful antioxidants, which protects against heart disease and cancer.
- The American College of Cardiology states that , if you have to pee, go! Having a full bladder can increase stress to your heart, making the odds of a heart attack (in those at risk), even great.
- Two to three minutes under cool water in the shower can boost your mood, releasing the hormones that make you feel good.
- Grab a tomato-Tomatoes contain lycopene, a powerful cancer fighter. They’re also rich in vitamin C.
- A study has shown that, drinking green tea with your antibiotics helps the medicine destroy harmful bacteria up to three times more effectively.
- beta carotene, help to boost immunity against disease. It also assists in the healing process of diseases such as measles. So eat your green and yellow vegetables.
- Strengthening your trapezius muscle, your shoulders , neck and upper back, can reduce chronic neck pain by around 80 percent.
- Don’t brush your teeth immediately after meals if they were acidic. Acidic can soften tooth enamel. Brushing your teeth now, can speed up acid’s effect on your enamel and therefore erode the layer underneath. Wait about an hour before brushing.
- Energy drinks contain up to five times more caffeine than coffee and they come with side effects like nervousness, irritability, and rapid heartbeat. Energy drinks usually contain high levels of taurine, a central nervous system stimulant, and 50 grams of sugar per can (that’s 13 teaspoons).
- For increasing your endurance, four to six 30-second bursts of all-out cardio are just as effective as up to an hour of training at a lower intensity.
- Eat your kiwi, here’s why. They are loaded with vitamins C, E, folate, and, serotonin. kiwis are a powerful bedtime fruit. One study found that one month of eating kiwi, twice daily, improved the sleep onset, duration, and efficiency of those with sleep disturbances.
- People who regularly consume beans weigh about six pounds less than those who don’t, even though they take in more daily calories. This may be because the legume eaters get more fiber and also consume less fat, than those who don’t eat (or eat less) beans. Put a half a cup into your salads, soups, or pasta sauce and get an extra boost of protein and fiber.
- An apple with a tablespoon of peanut butter is filled with polyphenols and fiber to keep you going.
- Stay active, cool and enjoy the summer sun. Take a few laps in the pool.