Are You Well Read? Here is a list of books to read to be considered well read. The first question people usually ask themselves once they’ve decided that they want to become well read is, What should I read?
The books listed are for the serious reader that should be read at least once in your life. They range from plays, short stories, classic novels to poems. Take a look at the list below to see if you’ve read any of them. How many have you read? The ones I have read I have marked and recommend. They re really good books to start with.
If you have books you have read that I haven’t listed and you’d like to share with my readers, please list them in the comments section below.
The list is in no particular order.
- To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee)
- The Catcher in the Rye
- Pride and Prejudice
- Romeo and Juliet
- A Tale of Two Cities (Charles Dickens)
- A Christmas Carol
- *The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Mark Twain) (I have Read)
- The Grapes of Wrath (John Steinbeck)
- Anna Karenina
- *Jane Eyre (Currently Reading)
- War and Peace
- One Hundred Years of Solitude
- *Holy Bible King James Version (Have read multiple times)
- Leaves of Grass
- The Hobbit
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
- Night- (Elie Wiesel)
- Robinson Crusoe (Daniel Defoe)
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin (Read)
- Paradise Lost
- The Diary of Anne Frank (Read)
- A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines
- The Color Purple (Alice Walker) (Read)
- Little Women (Louisa May Alcott)
Subscribe To Our Newsletter