World’s Leading Top 5 Software Companies
This is an article listing the top 5 companies obtaining revenue from software. Some of the companies are software focused while others collect their primary revenue from other areas while also selling some software. The companies are ranked in descending order by software revenue as reported in the companies’ 2013 official annual reports. The list includes software license sales, maintenance services, subscription fees, and several other support services. You might also like reading The Top Laptop Brands of 2017
- Microsoft : The world leader in software companies, Microsoft continues to maintain its dominance with total revenues of $77.85 billion in 2013. Of this, $65.7 billion, was from its software. Microsoft’s software revenues exceed the combination of it’s top two competitors .
- Oracle : Oracle surpassed IBM in 2013 to gain the number two spot. Its software revenues were $29.7 billion in 2013.
- International Business Machines (IBM): The large conglomerate offers a wide range of products and services, including both hardware and software. Of the total revenue of $99.75 billion for 2013, software contributed $29.1 billion.
- SAP: This German based multinational software giant generated $18.9 billion in revenue from its software out of the total revenue of $22.87 billion. Euros was converted to U.S. dollars
- Symantec: Nasdaq-listed Symantec, the global leader in software security solutions, generated $6.4 billion in software revenue.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter