How To Start A Blog
Do you want to start a blog? Have no idea where to begin. You’ve come to the right place. I will explain all the necessary steps to get you blogging and doing it successfully. You don’t even need any technical experience. It’s true. You don’t need to be a technical genius to start a blog.
Here you will get step by step instructions that are easy and is in simple format.
Why do people start blogs in the first place? Here are a few reasons.
1. They just like to write. They write about their life, family, friends. They write about their jobs, homes, vacations,etc.
2. They, like me, author a book(s). It can be easy to do and publishing on Amazon is a great way to get started. Also a lot of publishers will work with you if you already have a presence online. A blog is the best way to get started.
3. Many people who start and keep a blog are those who want to make money and work from home. You can make a full time income blogging. A lot of people do it now days. It can be hard work, but it is low risk.
4. Some people start a blog to get more exposure for an already existing
business. A blog gives you the ability to reach a large number of people. This can be done with minimal cost.
What you need to do to start a blog:
*Decide what you want to blog about – if you’re an individual you can be flexible with topics to write.
- 1.)Something that you can discuss
- 2.) Something you enjoy
- 3.)Something you have authority about.
*Pick a blogging platform- I think it’s hands down that Word press is the one that is best and most people choose. It’s flexible, has ease of use and is functional.There is hosted wordpress.com and Self-hosted, wordpress.org (this is recommended)
*Find a host – A host is someone who provides you with server space. So you can be found by others on the web.
*Don’t forget to chose a domain name -This will be your web address. You may have a domain name already, or need to choose one. Make sure it is something that fits (what you plan on writing about) or your business that already exist. Make one that is easy to remember. If you can go with a .com,as people go for this before they use .net, .org, or something else. Make sure it’s easy to spell and don’t use numbers,or hyphens. Try and be creative.
*Go and install word press – This should be in your c-panel. Just click install.
*Lastly Design and use your blog